Cabinet of curiosities & Inspirations since 2009

Cabinet of curiosities & Inspirations since 2009
*I Don’t Own the Rights to These Photos*

22 oct. 2008

Imaginary Museum 3: The Movie In My Mind

This morning, i wake up very early as usual since few months.
I decide to try again to find the sounds of my imaginary museum.

''I have never acknowledged the difference between serious music and light music.
There is only good music and bad music.'' 
Kurt Weill

I just realize how i was mad about great pop songs and singers.
Popular sounds from the 30's untill now.
I admire singers and song writers that will always be remenber for a melody.
I try to pick again very personnal songs that i believe reflect my inner world.
Some of them still make me cry and bring memories back deeply.
Other make me smile and bright my days.

Those kind of songs never die.

This is a long post with very different musical style.
I hope you will enjoy it but i recommend to take times to go trough all the videos.

Stardust

"Sometimes I wonder why I spend
The lonely night dreaming of a song
The melody haunts my reverie
And I am once again with you
When our love was new
And each kiss an inspiration
But that was long ago
Now my consolation
Is in the stardust of a song

Beside a garden wall
When stars are bright
You are in my arms
The nightingale tells his fairy tale
A paradise where roses bloom
Though I dream in vain
In my heart it will remain
My stardust melody   
The memory of loves refrain ."

Lyrics written by Hoagy Carmichael in 1929